Same shit, different day. Sometimes I get some different shit on the same day.

Thursday, March 04, 2004

Joy and pain
I haven't blogged for over a month due to the fact I've been very busy at work and home and my life is dull.
But things change and it is with a mixture of great joy and deep sadness that I post today.
After many months of trying I am pleased to say that my beautiful wife is pregnant with our 3rd, she is 12 weeks, we had the scan on monday and everything checked out fine. "the baby" is due on 9th sept and I can't wait.
Now the difficult bit, at work in the site where I'm based I'm in a bikers mail group which has almost 50 members, only a few of which I actually know personally. One of these few had an accident on the way to work on tuesday and died. He was the only person in the group (apart from the BCH) that I knew very well and I feel quite upset by the news, he was a great bloke who was a real biking enthusiast, he worked in IT and was a great help to me when I was trying to decide which course to take.
At the moment I can't seem to shake the feeling that I should give up biking, I lost a very close friend a few years back in a bike crash but it didn't affect me in the same way. I cried my heart out at his funeral but not once did I consider giving up riding. Giving up the bike would make wifey very happy.
I am not going to make a kneejerk reaction on this, time to think is required.

No comments: