Same shit, different day. Sometimes I get some different shit on the same day.

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Home and away
The 1st week of the course went smoothly, there are 3 others on it all of whom are OK. The format of the course is standard fare for technical training; -
instructor gives over view of machine, students become drowsy,
instructor tells student to complete workbook or CBT, students sleep,
instructor tells students to carry out practical tasks as per workbook, students wake up and ignore the set task and proceed to strip the machine to component level and put it back together (with less screws).
In the evening we managed to eat and drink and hog the pool table for 1 1/2 hrs at a time, we also managed to get out and see Spiderman 2 which was excellent.
On my way home last friday (30/07) I was on the M4 just starting to overtake a lorry, when Mr Lorry driver (from this point on to be referred to as "the tosser") suddenly indicates and starts to move over at the same time. I had to brake hard ,the hired Fiat Punto I was in fortunately had reasonable brakes (which is about the only good thing I can say about it) the tosser saw me and moved back into his lane. As he was still indicating I waited just behind him for a minute, he didn't move again so I overtook him. As I went past, the fucking tosser had the nerve to stick his hand out and give me the all powerful wanker sign, which was a bit rich as his other hand was clamping his mobile to his ear!. Isn't funny how people like him are never in the wrong.
Anyhoo, saturday 31st, wifey and the boys went off to sunny clacton with her parents to stay in a caravan and I was home alone WooHoo!
Week 2 of the course was considerably slower and consisted mainly of loading software on the machines and the colour servers. We went bowling on tuesday and saw a preview screening of I, Robot on thursday. I, Robot was not bad, quite enjoyable but lacked the thrills and excitement of Spiderman 2.
So, back reality wifey and the boys are due back any time and I'm looking forward to seeing them, and back to real work on monday ho hum!

No comments: