Same shit, different day. Sometimes I get some different shit on the same day.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Terror will not destroy our society
.. nor our way of life
.. nor our freedom
.. nor our country

2 days ago 4 bombs went of in central London, 3 on the underground and 1 on a bus. So far it has been confirmed that 49 people lost their lives but there are still unrecovered bodies in the tube tunnels, I suspect the toll will rise to nearer 100.

I had taken 2 days off to do some cabling etc for the father in law who has recently retired from working at the British where he commuted to kings Cross every day. Kings Cross was one of the bomb sites.
Canary Wharf, where I work was largely unaffected apart from being closed to traffic and the obvious transport disruptions.
My firm has engineers working all across London and I have just read an e-mail from the Boss saying that there were a few near misses but nothing worse.
I am sitting here, at work, and it is very quite and I feel for the victims, their families and the survivors who will be haunted by the terrible things they have seen.
Terrorism can never win.

No comments: