Same shit, different day. Sometimes I get some different shit on the same day.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Why can't people just admit it when they've made a mistake.....

... instead of arguing the toss or coming up with some lame excuse.

Wednesday night on returning to my trusty steed I found that the entrance / exit to the bike parking area was blocked by a big BMW1150GS (which is a pretty big bike) equipped with a full set of panniers, it couldn't have taken up more room if it tried. At five o clock the bike park is still pretty solid and, due to the inconsiderate parking of some people, sometimes difficult to get out of.
As I walked to my bike thinking "what kind of twat parks like that?" I spotted a bloke walking towards me, tall square jawed with designer stubble and exactly that kind of twat look about him. When he reached the BMW I said
"are you going mate?"
"yeah"
"Ok, great, it just that you have blocked the entrance" he had a quick look around and said
"oh yeah? How do you determine that?"
" because that's where the pavement is lowered"
"what about over there" he said pointing at a space between bikes.
"that's just where someone has left" I replied getting a bit tetchy now
"and this is where the pavement is lowered, look"
he made a sort of hurumph noise and continued to sort himself out before riding off.
What would have so difficult in saying "oh sorry I've never parked here before and I didn't realise"
The last time this happened a bloke (on a scooter, spit) pulled up and parked in the entrance as I was unlocking my bike, when I pointed out the error of his ways he had a big rant at me and started blaming me for his bad day, saying that I was exaggerating about him "completely blocking the entrance" even though it was clear that an underweight piece of string would have had trouble getting out.
Both these blokes are typical of the overpaid chinless wonders who populate Canary Wharf who don't usually have two atoms of common sense to rub together.

No comments: