Same shit, different day. Sometimes I get some different shit on the same day.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Let's celebrate !
Because according to my "Dads Desktop Calendar" that I got for Christmas, today is Waitangi Day.
If you live outside of New Zealand or are not a Kiwi, or are not familiar with New Zealand history then this fact will probably have escaped you (as it did me until I tore off yesterday's page from the calendar).

Anyway a quick browse to Wikipedia turned up this;

Waitangi Day is the national day of New Zealand. It is a public holiday held each year on February 6 to celebrate the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi, New Zealand's founding document, on that date in 1840.

There is a vague possiblity of more informative nuggets of information forthcoming from my "Dads Desktop Calendar". So beware.

No comments: