Same shit, different day. Sometimes I get some different shit on the same day.

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

As gay as a Hobbit
I went to see return of the king last night, and overall I thought it was excellent. A couple of things struck me though;
1: the last 20mins seemed a bit tacked on and I'm sure there were better scenes that could have been left in instead (the infamous Christopher Lee/Saruman scenes spring to mind).
2: how gay hobbits are. I'm not bothered by it and a hobbit has as much right as anyone to be gay, I've just never noticed it before. SPOILER ALERT At the end, the fellowship all gather around Frodo's bed and then Merry and Pippin jump on the bed and start having a bit of a ruff and tumble while Sam looks lovingly at Mr Frodo, and I think that Sam getting married is just denial when really he's bi-curious.
The battle scenes were fantastic (matrix take note) and I think it will do well at the oscars.
I have the Fellowship and Two Towers extended DVD's, the return of the king ext DVD is rumoured to be 5 hours! Cant' wait.

No comments: