Same shit, different day. Sometimes I get some different shit on the same day.

Friday, October 28, 2005


computer says no...
On Monday I phoned the local bike shop to find out if they had any brake seals (which I discovered I needed on Sunday)

Me: "have you got brake seals for a 2001 SV650s?"

Shop bloke:"I'll look it up on the computer *pause*, yes the computer says we have them"
me: "ta, I'll pop in later in the week"

So on tuesday before going to work I pop into the bike shop,

Me: "I phoned yesterday about some brake seals for a 2001 SV650s"

shop bloke1: *wiggles computer mouse, stares at blank screen, wiggles it again, stares at blank screen again, checks screen is turned on (it is), turns computer on* .2 mins later. "sorry we haven't got them"

me: "you had them yesterday"

shop bloke1: "computer says no.."

shop bloke2 appears:"we have got them I had them up on the screen yesterday"

shop bloke1: "computer says no.."

shop bloke 2:" add a 1 to the part numbers, they've been superceeded"

shop bloke1:"computer says yes we have them" *goes off for parts*

shop bloke1 returns and says "er what part number was it again?" he goes off and comes back with the parts.

me: " one of the packets is open and it looks like a seal is missing"

shop bloke1 goes off again, shop bloke 2 apologises, shop bloke1 comes back. job done.

me: "hang on a minute, I'm sure the front seals are the small ones and rear is bigger so I should have 2 lots of little and one lot of large,"

shopbloke2:" no that's right what we've got here"

me:"I'm sure it's the other way, I can picture it"

shopbloke2:"no, I trust what the computer say, I have faith in the Fiche"

me:" ok, I'll soon be able to tell, I'll bring them back if it's wrong"

shopbloke2: "let me just check, *checks*, actually you're right it should be the other way round, 2 small sets and 1 large set."

shopbloke1: goes off with 1 large set and returns empty handed "haven't got any more"

shopbloke2: "computer says we have four sets"

So the end result is I'm still waiting on brake seals, I haven't re-booked the MOT (which cancelled from last tuesday due to me needing brake seals) and I'm still on the train and still listening to the hairy busker.
This morning the Hairy Busker did a half decent job on the chorus part of Layla but then seemed to drift off into an obviously drug fuelled experimental vision of what the rest of the song should sound like.

No comments: