Same shit, different day. Sometimes I get some different shit on the same day.

Friday, August 08, 2003

Shit Happens
London Docklands. Not a good start to the day. Riding to work this morning (on a Suzuki Sv650s), the police had the road blocked at traffic lights on Aspen Way where the £6 a day carpark is. I filtered my way to the front and saw a few police cars and a couple of other cars a the side of the road. There were a few coppers milling about and eventually the copper at the front starting to let us through, he directed everyone over to the right and walked along in front of the lead car. As I came past the first parked police car I saw a pair of feet sticking out, a blue car and a pushbike lent against the railings. As I went past (still at the walking pace of the copper at the front) there were 3 police crouched around the figure on the floor and one of them was furiously pounding the chest of the person on the floor. The traffic started to speed up and I felt chilled as I turned off to Canary Wharf to start my day.

No comments: