Same shit, different day. Sometimes I get some different shit on the same day.

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

A close shave
I nearly got my knee down and a whole lot more this morning on a diesel spill at Goresbrook/
Dagenham on the A13.
As I came under the new(ish) flyover to do a right to join the A13 proper
there was a roadsweeper truck pulled over on the left, as I approached, it
pulled out from the kerb and into the right hand lane and stopped at the
lights. As I was slowing down the lights changed and the truck pulled away
revealing a large wet patch. Using the following mathematically incorrect
formula, 2 + 2 = 84, roadsweeper truck + wet patch = water, I slowed down a
little and as I just started to turn I woke up and smelt the diesel at
which point the front end went sideways closely followed by the rear end and
my nerves.
I instinctively put my foot down and managed to bounce myself upright again.
I was really, really, really lucky that I never interfaced with the road.
I wouldn't have been hurt particulary as was I only doing 15/20mph and I'm well armoured but the SV would have suffered some trauma.

No comments: